• 3 cups almond flour
• 3 tbsp date syrup
• 3–4 tbsp water
• 10–15 chopped pitted dates
• 2 cups of coconut milk
• ½ tsp vanilla bean powder
• Pinch of sea salt
• 1 ½ tbsp of cornstarch
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour and date syrup. Mix with a fork adding the water 1 tablespoon at a time until the texture is clumpy and holds together when squeezed.
3. Press 2/3 of the dough into a tart pan, making sure to cover all sides evenly and reserving 1/3 of the dough for the topping.
4. Spread the chopped dates into the bottom of crust.
5. Blend the 1 1/2 cup of dates with the milk, vanilla, salt, and cornstarch until very smooth.
6. Pour into the crust. Spread evenly, covering the chopped dates.
7. Bake for approximately 45 mins at 375F.
8. Let it cool, then chill overnight before slicing and eating.